Monday, August 28, 2006

Will Automation Ever Replace The Need For Massage Schools?

Massage therapy schools will always be in demand in my opinion, because there will always be a need for qualified and certified massage therapists. I went to the chiropractor the other day and was placed in a massage chair to help alleviate my back pain. There were many things that I found wrong with the massage chair.

First of all, it was just an odd experience to sit in a chair and to get an automated massage. There was no way to "tell" the massage chair that it was pressing too hard, not hard enough, or in the wrong spot. With a human being providing the massage I would have been able to get the massage that I really wanted and to get the relief that I was seeking.

I do not think that tools like massage therapy chairs will ever replace a human being and thus the need for massage therapy schools, because these tools cannot respond to an individuals needs or offer advice about how to better care for yourself.

If you have been considering attending massage therapy school, but thought that these automated tools would replace the need for a therapist I do not think that you have anything to worry about.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home